Our policies apply to you if you purchase our products or services over the phone, online, via email or if you use our website or interact with us on social media.
Who we are
Simply2 Pet Products Limited (referred to using “We”, “Us”, “Our” or the “Company”) is a company registered in England and Wales (Company registration number: 05089058)
Simply2 Pet Products Limited will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information. This does however include name, address, email etc.
Our website address is: www.simply2.co.uk
What personal data we collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Website or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media.
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Personal details such as your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
- Your account information – such as dates of payments owed and received or any other information related to your account.
- For Trade Customers only – Information about you like your employment details, accounting details and position. When applying for a credit account we will request only relevant information from two 3rd party companies supplied by You the information will be solely used for the purpose of approving You with a credit account.
When you’re online the information we collect includes:
- Account information, like your username and any other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite brands and products.
- Passwords are encrypted and not visible to Us.
- Details of your visits to the Website. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location
- Cookie data
- Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
- Purchase products via the website, telephone or email.
- Register or use our website.
- Request to receive marketing or other communications.
- Enter one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys.
- Submit information when you’re providing feedback.
- Use our contact us form.
How we use your data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we’re required to enter into a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
- To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
- To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
- Where you fail to repay what you owe Us or return our property, we may need to trace your whereabouts (sometimes using a tracing Agent) in order to recover payment or reclaim property. This might be carried out by a third Party debt recovery agent on our behalf
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
When we’re required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We’ll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
- To identify you when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
How long we keep your personal data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Information about you that we use for marketing purposes will be held by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. More information on our retention schedule can be found online.
What we would also like to do with it
We would however like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or our website.
To sign up to receive information from Simply2 Pet Products Click Here
How can you stop the use of your personal data
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to.
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
Alternatively, you can unsubscribe to all communication by submitting your request Here.
Links to other websites
From time to time you may find ‘useful’ links to other websites found on our website, we have no control over these sites and strongly recommend you you read their privacy statements.
We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Google+, You Tube, Instagram and Twitter.
After activation of a button, the social network can retrieve data, independently of whether you interact with the button or not. If you are logged in to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website to your user account.
If you’re a member of a social network and don’t want that network to combine data retrieved from your visit to our websites with data they hold on you, you must log out from the social network concerned.
We use Facebook pixel on our website – The installed pixel(s) on our website helps track the actions that people take on your website, and helps us understand how our ads work. We do not track personal data such as email addresses or phone numbers.
Access to Information held about you
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a ‘Data Subject Access Request’, we’ll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. We’ll respond to you within 28 days after we’ve received this information or, where no such information is required, after we’ve received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organisation of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we’re not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under ‘How we use your personal information’, you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we’ll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we’ll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It isn’t accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It’s not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You’ve already asked us to stop using your data but you’re waiting for us to tell you if we’re allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Cookies – Notice
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a website. They are stored on your computer and are sent back to the website or to another website that recognises the cookie. A cookie typically contains the name of the website from which the cookie has come; the lifetime of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Our cookies do not contain any personally-identifiable information and cannot collect information from your hard drive. We use analytics programs to gather non-personal data regarding the visitors to our site, on our behalf, using cookies and code embedded in the site. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for analysis purposes. Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so that you can decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookie.
Blocking Our Cookies
You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact or reduce the functionality of some websites. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone, please refer to your handset manual.
Cookies set by Third Parties
Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a website other than the one you are currently on. For example, we have a Facebook like button on our site. That like button will set a cookie that can be read by Facebook. That would be considered a third-party cookie. We do not have control over the cookies set by these services. You should check the third party websites for more information about their own cookies.
Third party plugins
On Our website We use different plugins to provide a user friendly experience for our customers and to assist in the processing of orders and requests. The plugins we use are listed below
Stripe – payment gateway
Contact Form 7